Sapa oh lovely sapa!
My little friend Ma (the one on the left), she is 8 years old, she followed me for half the walk and chatted and told me all about her life. I ended up meeting her little brother, sisters and her mum! And of course I brought a bangle off her!
The jewellery the H'Mong girls sell! I love all the colour and silver.
These little kids were really giving this buffalo a good pounding! H'Mong village walk.
Penny looking her finest in her ski bunny outfit!
View from the walk to Cat Cat Falls!
This old lady thought chris was the funniest thing since sliced bread! She just kept on laughing at him.
View from the hotel's cafe! They serve a good tiger beer and mean chips! Too bad sarah and I were smoked to death in our room. They lit the fire for us, because it was freezing up there, but failed to inform us that the chimney was blocked! All our clothes stink like a dirty bushfire! Needless to say that night I slept in all my clothes.
Chris and pen about to get on the night train!!!So I loved Sapa! It was great the ppl are mainly the H'Mong tribe and though they do the major hard sell they are also lovely and friendly! The kids are totally cute and their jewellery is rockin! We did treks through the mountains enjoyed tiger beer with awesome views and just had a good ol time. We went on the night train both there and back which in it self is a bit of a story. The conducter sleeps on a banana chair in the middle of the hallway making it a little hard to jump over her at 3am to get to the toilet. Also a word of advice take notice what is the number of the sleeper cabin you are in, I had to do the random try every door and hope that everyone has their's locked except us!


2 Comments:
wow good stuff!!! nice photos!!
my blogger is FUCKED and cant post photos at the moment...will try later.
i had an awesome new years too...fucking random. for about half an hour people were just setting fireworks off throughout the city, just like off their balconies and stuff.
say hi to the gang for me. FELIZ ANO NUEVO!!!!
will do beautiful!!! Hanoi is in it's finest today the weather is beautiful! I think it is time to go to the lakeside and read my book (thanks mum)!
Can't wait to see your new years in south america!!!
HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM VIETNAM!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home