Tuesday, January 03, 2006

NEW YEARS EVE

So New Years Eve 2006 in Hanoi!!! After all 'one night in Hanoi and the worlds' your oyster' (I have been singing this every 5 minutes since we got here I just merely change location - I think the guys want to kill me) The locals idea of a party is to all get on their motorcycles and drive around and around the lake!!! Interesting but each to their own. We started with a lovely dinner and few litres of beer then off to pubs then off to the lake and finished with a dance a funky monkey (until it closed) then some how found our way back to the hotel! (mainly due to Chris and his fantastic sense of direction - I thought he had got us lost.)
The night:

When it says daiquiris at some bars it really means tequila (shit I can't spell) with lemon juice!!! mmmh tasty! Seeing as you all know that, that is my favourite spirit! Ahhhhhhhhhh we just had to shot it down!
The guys beside the river drinking tiger just before the countdown!!!
HAPPY NEW YEARS moment! Okay so during the few days before new years Pen was bloody scared of the traffic and motorcycles, but at the opportunity to grab this big red thing she ran across a road that had about 1000 motorcycles on it! Nothing like a bit of liquid courage!


Me and Pen at funky monkey! Red bulls and vodka's HELLO!!! The guy behind us is this funny English guy who we had a major dance off against... He won! Any guy that is prepare to throw himself down on a dirty Hanoi night club floor to do the worm is a guru of dance offs!!! I also have to thank his friend as when the female toilets and surrounding area flooded he carried me to and from the boys so I didn't get my shoes wet! hehehe


The morning after! Struggle city did some mini bar damage!

6 Comments:

Blogger trashbags said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS! Hahahaha - LOVE the photos mon - you guys look like you're doing the trashbag name proud. Our New Years was so amazing! Hopefully Angus and I can post some of ours while we're at Aunty Pammy's.

Have just arrived and we were welcomed with a glass of Champagne (not sparkling wine!!) and now it's into 4 days of must needed rest, recovery, washing, real food and internet... after being drunk in tokyo and scotland.

PS - I've decided Edinburgh is my new favourite place... I LOVE IT!!! Miss you guys heaps - wish we were all doing this together... will email a groupie soon. Can you guys email my hotmail while I'm away??? tim_millgate@hotmail.com

Love to Chris and Penny... Sarah gets a message on her blog so NO LOVE FOR HER HERE! hahahaha

Love Trashbag Token Tim xx

12:14 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

ahhh timmy!!! Great to hear from you! Love right back at ya and will add your email to my yahoo account. I am also starting to use my old hotmail account for msn so get me on there somehow so we can chat!

2:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god...
Happy New Years..although it is ten days on.
My favourite photo has to be the one with the random dance off guy in the background. What a crazy character.

Unlike Timbo I have no crazy stories to tell you except down under is BLOODY HOT! Esp in the country. Fires everywhere. boring.

I have officially finalised my overseas trip. Are you all still planning on heading to Gallipoli for Anzac Day? if you are I will see you there.
So good to see that almost evey picture involves alcohol. Very proud. A strong sign everyone is following the "how to travel" guide properly.

Miss you chick...have fun say hi to Pen, Burner and Sars.

See you soon..bye
Dan xxxxx

3:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mon! Hope your having a great time - it definately looks like you guys are! New years down under was the best ever (however very hazy) BUT of course not the same without ya! Check out Ant's pics of Field Day and the last photo sums up my new years celebrations in a nutshell! Love Cathy x

2:50 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

Dan sweetheart will definitely be there for ANZAC day, we will be in greece and turkey from the beginning of April(I think roughly the 6th), so chicken I expect to see you before then!!! As for your new year I heard that it was rockin. Have the bush fires calmed down?

Cath saw the photos and all I have to say is HOT!!! Missing you lots and had many a thought of the crazy past few new years eve that we had shared! Awesome, can't wait to share the next one with you in CANADA!!! WHOA!!! Write me an email lovely and included your postal address!

Love to all!

4:06 pm  
Blogger trashbags said...

i would like to defend my appearance in the photos..

well actually i can't... i have taken on all things bunny - ski.. beach.. whatever in my quest to be the most teeny bopper traveller in our group....

and also i was obviously under the influence of some yucky cocktails and a serious desire to cuddle a red balloon...that i then gave away to a little kid!

anyway cheers to mon for actually proving to you all we;'re still alive and partying - of course!

pen

ps vietnamese vodka is kinda sickening..and some of the homemade alcohol tastes like schnapps and another one like malibu...maybe it was.

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home