Friday, March 10, 2006

We're going on a bear hunt...

...across valleys

....Thru caves (where we pose nicely)

...over rivers (unfortunately sarah was unco and got her shoes wet while chris was practicing for a part in the karate kid)

...beside buffalos!


....past village locals that thought the funniest thing was seeing their photo on the digital camera


....thru sweatshop. Nah just kidding.This is our friend from the cafe where we ate lunch doing a bit of traditional cross stitching. Though apparently according to Lao/American lady we met they do this for hours and then sell it to the market ppl for a few dollars and then they sell it at the market for $20 or so!

...Slept in a banglow in a tiny village were we were the only whities/freaks! (that cost us $0.50 a night for 2 ppl! This is the view from the balcony. SPOILT!)

...consumed warm beer

... watched the sunset

... formed the headtorch appreciation club HAC* (loving rummy as there is nothing else to do the tiny village was asleep by 7pm on a saturday night!)

FOUND A PACK OF BEARS....

Maybe not but its a big browny shape animal and if I didn't have my glasses on and was a fair distance away and it was this misty I might of have mistaken them for bears!

So then we did the early morning dash out of village past the bears to the other village and onto the boat then onto a bus then got stuck in a scam in the middle of a no where town then had to fork out lots of money to get to the next town then got stuck there for the night(with 2 germans and 2 Americans) all to get away for these scary bears!!! In retrospectre give me the bears, 50c Bangalow and the peaceful village....

* HAC - Head Torch Appreciation club is open to new members. Our president and website person is Kylie (sorry Kylie you have no say in this sarah and I voted you in), Sarah is our Secretary and general torch lover, I am the event coordinator. HAC's Anthem is "Spotlight" by the Waifs if you haven't heard it go buy the ablum awesome. SPOTLIGHT I FOUND YOU I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home