Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Someone else's desk


So adventures at numerous other ppl desks seems like it should be exciting and interesting. Everyday a new company, new ppl, new location and a new job... well its not. But I aint complaining I am sitting in this company today by myself having happily located their client only kit kats and without any one calling except the ppl that work here asking if they have any messages! 'Well of course you don't! You are the only ppl bloody calling and you're all meant to be on frickin holidays anyway! '

3 Things that are AWESOME about being a temp:
  1. If you screw something up, it is likely that they are not going to discover it until you are way gone!
  2. The no knowledge card 'Oh sorry I am only temp, I don't know what that relates to, I will just put you through to someone else' - I was still using that line at Stocklands even though I had been there for 10months
  3. No contracts so if your hating it or them you can just jump ships!

3 Things that are SHIT about being a temp:

  1. For some reason everyone thinks you are dumb to begin with (though sometimes this can be used to your advantage to not do any extra work)
  2. Trying to spell ppl's name!?!? Hello! Aibhlin pronuced Ilene?!?
  3. Boredom factor HIGH!
Ahhh peppermint tea and kit kats! So glad I forgot my lunch today. 3 blogs in a matter of hours I think point 3 is very high at the moment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, to see I'm not the only bored one around... but I bet I'm the only ome posting comments on your blog at 10.55pm on a saturday night!!!
I love your red shoes.... I wish Ihad red shoes!

4:01 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

RACH!!!!
Don't worry I will be there soon to distract you and get drunken. Can't wait to see you!!!!

7:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home