Tuesday, July 11, 2006

6 months and still going strong....

Yep lovely ppl it was my 6 month anniversary the other day! So I took a moment out of work to work out what exactly I have done:

Countries I have travelled to: 14 - Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao, Thailand, Greece, Turkey, England, Spain, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech and Ireland

Shortest time spent in a country: Singapore less then 24 hours

Longest time spent in one country: I think that is going to be Ireland

Number of Flights: 10 Boats:12 Cars: 2 Bicycles:2 Trains:2 Buses:Too many....

Top 3 Favourite Places:


  1. Cesky Kromlov - Czech
  2. Salamanca - Spain
  3. Beaches in Cambodia

Top 3 Definitely not favourite Places:

  1. Phonosavan - Lao
  2. Athens - Greece
  3. Prague aka 'Ghetto'- Czech

Top 3 highlights:

  1. Teaching 30 Cambodia kids in a hut
  2. Seeing all of my sisters together at the same time
  3. The World Cup and all our husbands in the Australian team!

Top 3 lowlights:

  1. Being on a drip in the Australian Embassy Clinic after fainting in a bakery
  2. Realising I had replaced my birkenstocks with man size black thongs
  3. Having my ipod stolen

Friendliest People: Cambodians and the Irish boys!

Rudest People: The people that live in Athens!

Top 4 meals that Haunt me in a good way:

  1. Pork Schnitzel with the most amazing mash and the grill brie! AMAZING! - Cesky Kromlov
  2. Green Chicken Curry - Chang Mai 'Alot of Thai' cooking school that I made!
  3. Meat soup/gnocchi thing - SO Good spicey tasty and I was sooo hungry! Zagred Croatia
  4. Seafood curry - Mui Ne yummy pen and julia you know the one!

Top 4 meals that Haunt me in a very bad way:

  1. Meat pizza - Turkey, Chris and I now know the meaning behind explosive... seriously you don't know it till you know it... it is fairly incredible
  2. Veg indian curry - Luang Prabang Lao .... This is meal that gave me food poisoning that land me in hospital! But it was quite nice at the time.
  3. Weird soup of unknown objects - Siagon Vietnam again Pen and julia you know the one!
  4. Raw beef burger - Hoi An Vietnam spat it out Pen and julia ate theirs not to the best results!

Place I don't want to go back to ever go back to: Athens!

Place I would go back to in a second: Cambodia!

Top 3 drunkest I have been while away (Mum i am not proub of these but just thought I had to put them out there for the ppl):

  1. Rach and I out in Clapham... waking up fully dressed with no idea how we got home with a guy ID in our wallet and someones jumper! Kim I blame you for leaving us!
  2. Birkenstock tradegy! Phi Phi Island with Chris ... wine, beer, cocktails, shots, white russians, double gin and tonic! Need I say more.
  3. The Shower incident Cambodia beaches... swimming in the water, losing my skirt(was wearing bikini - Julia nearly starting a fight), buckets, sleazy dirty French bar tender, singing at the top of my lungs with Julia, harrassing random boys on the way home and showering with my sunglasses on

Top 3 things I miss most about oz:

  1. Family
  2. Friends
  3. Spectrum/nights out/roof top bar/siagon village/La Panic

Top 3 material aspects I miss most about oz:

  1. My bed
  2. My mum's cooking. Oh god damn my mum's cooking!!!
  3. My vintage car! But alas it has gone to a good home. Milsey and belles you better love those velvet seats!

Plan for the next 6 months:

  1. Work in Ireland travel to Spain, Berlin, London and I think mmmh Amtersdam
  2. See my Mum! Whoa
  3. Get drunk around Dublin
  4. Go to electric picnic music festival ... Little excited about that one!
  5. Have all my crazy friends come visit... ben, selina, kimmy, casey, Nat, gloria, spanky, eve I am looking at all of you.... and anyone else that thinks dublin might be groovey!
  6. Go to Canada in Nov! Hang with my stella sister Rach
  7. Start working the ski season in WHISTLER with Cathy and Beth!!! Note: Ppl start planning your visits to see us! Come on it will rock
  8. A WHITE christmas!!!!
  9. Get drunk in Canada!

Well there is just a few of my bebreifings! Big love to you all! Ant, Saz and I are having lots of fun in the centre of Dublin! Photos and stories to come! MWAH

13 Comments:

Blogger They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

ohhh so nice to reminisce via your excellent mega blog!!!!!


we are having fun arent we. though not right now, as the amount of time spent blogging/reading blogs proves!!

see you soon at the shitty bueauratic disaster that is Irish Immigration.

what should we have for dinner? I'm thinking cheese and tomato on toast.

then a movie.

mmmm wild night!

2:27 am  
Blogger They call me 'Bohemoth'. said...

oops i cant spell byoorokratick

2:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourtie blog of yours so far Mon. Your memories are just gorgeous... I feel like I've been thru it all with you!

It all makes me so proud and so jealous!!!

Love you! Miss you!

10:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!! reminisce!!!
how lovely mon. that is one of my favourite blogs to date.
i miss you heaps and am waiting for my photos of the nana party. I have been telling any one who will listen about our time away.
If all goes well financially, I will see you in January in Canada!!! whoaaaa!!!!
keep me informed of the goss!! much love to anthea and sarah
xx

3:16 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

Oh thanks guys!

I think through this blog I have taken a few ppl along. Which is lucky because I am away for so long!

And Kel I still can't believe it has been 6 months! Frickin crazy.

Goss and nanna party to come!

Big love and miss you all!

Keep posting comments I am bored as all get out at work!!!

7:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the best undrunk nights my little cherub.xx

10:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bit disappointed we made neither top 3 highlights or top 4 meals (crab stacks - I mean come on). A hurt and offended Ben

12:59 am  
Blogger hiedistar said...

Hullo chicken!

Good post.

We should get together for a conference call! You, sar and me. Obviously Ant can join in, and what the hell the couple you are all living with if they are keen. Let me know.

12:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha best post ever Mon!! Love julia
p.s. who stole your ipod??!! How did I miss that, when did it happen?

2:45 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

Best undrunken night: With Ben my favourite brother in law eating the best crab stacks I have ever had! Actually we might of been drinking...

Best Place I stayed: Ben and Selina house in London (that is totally for real)

Kylie totally up for conference call will have to let you know when Mark and Mia are free to get in on the action!

And Julia my little matey I didn't say anything because I was so sad. Bohoooo but don't worry it is replaced with a lovely new one! Lets just hope the insurance comes through soon.

Nice to hear from you all! I am at work hung over in dire need for a coke.

7:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe I made into the top 3 drunkest moments.... not only that but nabbed number 1!!!! This is the proudest moment of mine (and am sure mum's) Life..... well, this and the day I came 2nd at the beer olympics at Conception Day, oh and when I won the drinking games on Australia day in Canada! So many proud moments to reflect on in my now so sober days! HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!

7:35 am  
Blogger Mon said...

Rach it was pretty spectular! You where sleeping on my handbag! And that random guys ID!

Don't worry love! Your soberness will only last till Nov when me and my trashbag mates descend on canada!So love your liver while it lasts!

7:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The handbag was nothing it was sleeping on the hard bristle hair brush that really killed me!!! I woke up and wondered why my leg was so sore! Your handbag actually made a pretty comfy pillow till your phone started ringing!!!!
BRING ON NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!

2:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home