Monday, January 16, 2006

Mui Ne the beach with that little bit extra!





Julia has arrived ppl!!! And is currently outraged at our excessive drinking and lack 0f cultural interest hehehe! So looks beautiful right? Well it was! The fish oil smell was a bit hard core coming into town and definitely pushed my dry retching count up into the high double digits (rach sweetheart you would be proud)!
But the place was so relaxed, chilled and slow paced that I just loved it! And the seafood was awesome, I had the same seafood curry two meals in a row because it rocked and yes now it haunts me (just like that great white wine from NZ). Though the beach had a little to be desire when walking the shore lines we came across more shopping bags then your local coles, a mangy rooster carcass and Sarah the veggo of the group spotted a dead piglet in the lapping waves... lovely and crazy as it sounds it didn't stop us from swimming in the water!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi kid Loved the photos of Hue and Mui Ne were great.Should I be worried about the level of alcohol coursing through your veins.You need one of my BIG pegs for your nose will send one over.Have a great time.

8:25 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

No need to worry mum, julia is actually fitting in perfectly! As for dry retching it seems to increase with the high temps and humidity, they just really bring the smells right out! Mmmh Ho Chi Minh is nasty so definitely send the peg over. Oh and an extra ATM card I bent mine and now it doesn't work ...damn new years eve.

9:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Mon, you guys are absolutely radiant:-) I think you have that travelling glow - you know lots of alcohol, sun and not working!

Loving the photos and stories, it keeps me from going insane her in good old Albury:-)

Miss you heaps. Keep it coming.

And I started applying for second jobs - i'll be there in no time!

Love Kel

3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home