Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Islands, beaches and drunkeness!

OKAY ppl,
The pictures are extremely SLOW! Okay so here is a written account of my most recent journeys!

ISLAND OF LOST SHOES Phi Phi Island:

  • Beautiful place! Very busy! Lots of Swedes walking around with their tops off (good bodies but they need to learn to put it away at dinner). Except for you Sam you weren't dodgy (you will see sam in the photos he was Chris drinkie buddy and was swedish)
  • DRUNKENESS! We are offically calling phi phi the Island of lost shoes. As Chris and I both managed to lose our shoes when out drunk on seperate night! I like to think I didn't lose my beautiful beloved totally adored birkenstocks but swapped them for the pair of size 10 black men's thongs that I woke up with?!?! (sorry to who ever that was?!)
  • We went to the beach where they filmed The Beach and it was AMAZING! We went on a cloudy afternoon so there was only about 20 ppl on the Island and we had to snorkle to it and climb through a water cave!
  • On this trip however we met Emmy who I blame for my drunken shoes adventures later that night. Emmy (a lovely Pom) and I managed to drink nearly every drink that was possible on the thai bar shelves and have a crazy time! (sorry Emmy next time we go out in London or somewhere I will NOT be that drunk! hehe)
  • Then morning after my shoe swap we nearly missed our 9am boat to the next island! we literally had to jump from wharf to boat as they had already pull away! It would have seemed hardcore jumping with my big 20 kg backpack onto the boat except that I was still intoxicated! (thank god)

My Favourite shot of the Beach! Ahhh lovely sunset!

Night out that I lost my shoes! Me, Sam and Emmy. Below Sam and Chris. There was a lot more crazy photos but you guys don't want to see that stuff! So I have refrained from putting them up!

Koh Phan Nang

  • The coolest thing about this place was our view from the bangalow as seen below
  • The beach was nice and we got on a scooter and spent a day looking around the Island which was beautiful! Don't worry dad I had a helmut on and long pants and we didn't go over 60 or ride in the dark! Hehe every other tourist was flying around in their bikini and I was like man that is going to hurt when you are skinned! And also dad like you said "when in rome..." We seriously look like Dumb and Dumber! Us with these massive helmuts on this tiny scooter! (chris was jim carry - due to new haircut and I was the other one)
  • Other then that I couldn't sleep, was haunted by my past and the food was shit

This is not photoshopped! This is my bangalow! Lovely!

Thanks Emmy, Sam and Chris (the other one) for the good nights out! lots of fun!

And Good work ppl in convincing Clem to come travelling she is getting her arse over here next week!!! Which is very exciting. Bonnie don't worry we will not get so drunk that we lose our shoes while she is here! hehehe.

Alright ppl write comments and emails and tell me how you are going! Lots of love and hugs to you all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA!

first things first: THE BIRKENSTOCKS!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lucky the shoes are so cool here hehe.pity you'll have to be barefoot (or in big men;s thongs???) til London town.

i will be holding a remembrance ceremony tomorrow at 12:01 in the desert for the birkos if anyone would like to join me, wherever you may be.

and chris, good to see you finally got your hair cut. i am thinking the same.

you guys both look hot by the way! you also look quite good looking.

3:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MON STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS!!!

Let me just remind you that your view of the bungalow looks similar to the view out of my bedroom window at Huntley Green. Just with sand.

LOVE YOU TOO!

Email us trashbags the dodgy photos! I wanna see!!!

Love Tim x

9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice view. nice everything in fact!

who needs holidays or extended life journeys when you can work four 13 hour days straight at a coronial inquest into why truck brakes fail and kill a truck driver?

now that is fun.

anything you want to know about blue and red brakes and how the male bit connects to the female bit - i'm onto it (no... i am serious here people, it's not sex ed)!!

AND you guys don't get to go to the muswellbrook show. now i really feel sorry for you - ooohhh and we get to do a broadcast from the dairy shed at 6am...with lots of bloated cows sreaming milk me! milk me now into our microphones! now are you jealous??

loving you from ol' rural town!

p
miss you!

ps i have become a lonely wine and beer drinker...CHRIS AND MON I NEED YOU!! these guys - well work people and rural friends - don't quite get my alcoholism!!

1:41 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

SARAH! I know it is so tragic! I am still kicking myself! Even more so now because my Australian thongs got stolen when I was out. It was one of those bars you have to leave your shoes at the door! And they bloody stole them and I had this bad feeling they would!

Tim it is my good given right to make you jealous! Hehehe! Man just wait till I post the photos for ellen and mine's stay at the plush hotel! hehehe

Pen babe! When are you leaving the Brook? You have to get away man it is bringing you down, your too good looking to be a milk maid!!! I think we should import you for a few nights out in Greece! I miss our drunkness! Ohhh the times in Cambodia come flooding back! Memories, misty water coloured memories of the way we were!!!

I have just got off an over night bus trip and haven't slept for over 20 hours and the night befores sleep was aweful because I kept waking up! I wonder why....

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home