Hail to the Bus Driver ... that we are still alive!
So it has been a little while since I posted and during that time we have managed to clock up a very impressive number of hours on sucidal buses!
Hanoi to Hue - 13 hours left at 7pm. Hue to Hoi An meant to be 4 hours managed to be much longer. Hoi An to Mui Ne 17 good damn long hours!!! Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh 3 hours ended up being 5. Siagon to Phnom Penh in Cambodia 5 hours in mid day heat and humdity.
The highlights of the bus trips so far:
Hanoi to Hue - 13 hours left at 7pm. Hue to Hoi An meant to be 4 hours managed to be much longer. Hoi An to Mui Ne 17 good damn long hours!!! Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh 3 hours ended up being 5. Siagon to Phnom Penh in Cambodia 5 hours in mid day heat and humdity.
The highlights of the bus trips so far:
- When they say 'VIP' brand new tourist bus they really mean locals bus circ 1940's with vinal seats and 2 other tourist other then our group.
- The vietnamese men that sat on our bags and then proceeded to take off his shoes and fill the whole bus with his foot odour (lucky for sarah he also decided to rest them on her armrest right beside her head)
- To the person that start smoking, no really it was so much better then the foot odour. I was seriously thinking of taking it up.
- The guy sitting opps myself and pen that would every half an hour or so look over at us point and laugh. He also was literally hacking it up and spitting it out on the bus (which had no windows that opened) unfortunate for chris as he was sitting in front of him!
- The dirty Australian man that sat beside me and pick his scab for a good few hours
- The motion sickened women that sat beside penny and procceeded to vomit into little plastic bags and hurl them over penny and out the window (thank god there was bloody windows that open on that one)
- The numerous toilet stops that involved me dry retching at the stench of urine
- My favourite bus that had louis Vitton covers and a buddha statue at the front that had flashing colour lights around it and a vase with fresh flowers! bloody luxury!
As photographed below! Yep Selina I am loving the birkenstocks they are my new best friends and protecters against urine cover toilet floors! Margie and Milsey I am ripping it up on the Su Doku!!!



7 Comments:
Oh my god what a fucken contrast! Going from a bus made of vinyl and people spewing all over the place to a bus with Louis Vittion seat covers... sounds like an intense time!
I'm going over to Ezrays after work today and then promise to write to you bi-atches when I get home. Lots to tell... lots to tell indeed ;-)
Love Trashbag Token Tim xxx
Hey kid looks like your having a good time. Still waiting for my email you little shit!
Know all about those god damn bus rides, 25 hours, no food, bus caught on fire, ran into something and did 20km/hr for at least 8 hours!
Hehe
We just did a bloody 3 hour taxi ride in a crappy old car. Four of us girls all squashed across the back seat. No air con all the windows down, we got out to find ourselves cover in fine red dust! So badly that i had a sunglasses mark! Julia's and I where squashed in the middle and yep she was putting the arm around!!
Rach will write you an email when I get to the bloody Penh!!! And for the record it still hasn't improved.
Tim eagerly awaiting you email!
Meanwhile totally excited about the hottest 100!!!
Well love you are really traveling in style now.I may have to change my travel arrangements and go to England overland instead of flying.....I dont think soooo Cathy.Dont worry Mon it is all going to make a great movie one day.Love ya
Don't you mean LEWIS Vuitton Mon??? I think you do
P.S. got your postcard, yay for postcards!
Oh yeah ant, I forgot!!! How stupid of me! Geeze I need to get to know my designers!
And yeah it is all going into the ideas bank for something awesome in the future!
hey mon- can't believe you are travelling in such style! you wild child- lucky to be alive! keep up the adventures..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home