Bokor National Park!


Bokor national park aka ghost town!!!
So this national park is really beautiful. They are meant to have heaps of animals in it, such as tigers and elephants but last year alone the rangers intercept 677 poachers so I think that the animal population is a little on the low side.
On a more recent note from where the photo of the casino was taken 2 men were murdered on New years eve this year our guide said it was because the guy in the car shone his lights in the other guys eyes. Whoa I think someone needs anger management!
This place is seriously haunted, it use to be this place of luxury where all the french use to holiday then it turned into a Khmer Rouge strong hold! The casino is the site of a lot of sucide and was turned into a prison by the Khmer Rouge (they use to push prisoner off the cliff to save bullets). The church is where the Khmer Rouge last stand pointing against the vietnam. HAUNTED! Everytime I walked into either building you get this horrible feeling in your stomach!
Though dont get me wrong it was an amazing place and Nat our guide rocked he told every fact about the place by starting "I think..."! Which is a little confusing we are like is it that or are you just making stuff up.
Oh and I have to say Pen, Julia and I really gave the cambodian driver a good old laugh when he came over to see what card game we were playing, only to be confronted by Chris's Ralph semi nude women playing cards. It was a little hard explaining that they weren't our cards and that we didn't have any others. He thought it was so funny he went and got the rest of the fam at the hotel to come and have a good old look!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home