Tuesday, February 07, 2006

JULIA AND PENNY YOU ROCK!!!


So there was five and now there are three! Julia and Pen have left the country and headed back to the glorious land of Australia and the warm embraces of our friends and their families (damn them!). So this blog is to summarize the things and stories that will always reminded me of them and make me smile!

PENNY:
  • That god love her she didn't realise she need a plane ticket (which she actually didn't as it was an internet ticket but there was an "oh f#*k do you guys have tickets?" moment at sydney airport)
  • Dance off New Years Eve Hanoi style!!!
  • Her ability to look good even as a dirty packer aka ski bunny and beach bunny!
  • Pennys perception that the boats staircase was spiral when it was not thus sending her falling a good 2 metres!!! (might have been a bit of the beer goggles fault as well)
  • "Aggressive Tie Dye"
  • That during 6 weeks she brought 6 cocktail dresses! Seriously
  • Burning her leg on a motorcycle muffla at 4 am in the morning (and no dad I was definitely not riding one)
  • The image of pen in our hotel room in her underwear, make up running (as it was raining outside), scooping up all the money that had flown into the fan from her money belt
  • And of course when I waxed her bikini line at 4am in the morning after she had recieved the worst shape possible at the salon in siem reap! nothing like a bit of alcohol to ease the awkwardness

JULIA

  • After Julia had a testing day of travelling on bus her quote was "I just need a big bottle of alcohol!" and yes she did get one
  • The numerous female bar staff that kept having a dig at the pretty white girl
  • That after a while she stop complusively apologising!
  • The quotes that will live on long after she is gone "And I was like Sweet Jesus""Whaaa""Bahaha" "Timmy" "Chrissy boy"
  • For going up to tell off some Aussies travellers for stealing my skirt when really I had left it beside the water!!! That was the drunken swimming night (i was wearing swimmers) thank god she saw it in the waves!!!
  • Walking along the beach singing Mr Brightside at the top of our lungs at 4am in the morning! Also, the shower sunglasses incident, thanks buddy!
  • Sharing is caring - the fact that julia and i could both see each other when getting our bikini lines done! Basically the salon we went to was shit. hehe

So now they are gone! And i miss them, more then I ever thought I would! You girls ROCK! And you are more then welcome to join me any where in the world I am! And if any of you get the chance to travel with these ladies do so as they are a complete blast!

Okay blog more later have to go teach english at Monk school for poor kids. It is mental but lots of fun will write a blog about it.

Love to all! Esp you two chickies!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger trashbags said...

Mon you make me cry!

Was great talking to you last night. I miss my trashbags!!!

Love Tim xxx

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mon- what an amazing friend you are. You bring great sensitivity, thoughtfulness and insight into all of your relationships.

We are so lucky to have you in our worlds, even if from afar at the moment.

3:35 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

Ellen I think you are a little biasis! hehe but thank you anyway. And i am sure julia and penny loved the insight to their bikini lines!! hey girls?!?
Tim loved chatting to you too! MSN is rockin.

Miss you all too much! I watch wimbledon the movie 2 times since being in siem reap and the craft twice as well! hehe I love movies!!

6:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mon, thank you for the moving tribute. hahaha, no I loved it. Glad that movie channel finally came good in siem reap. Hope Laos is wonderful, keep me updated! Love julia

5:40 pm  
Blogger Mon said...

Hey julia
Forgot to put in the rat in the wall story! Damn it!! Julia and I came home drunken after Australia day to be woken by a rat stratching in the wall and making this crying sound! In my drunken state I decided the best idea was to convince Julia to bang really loudly on the wall everytime it squealed! And julia in her drunken state did waking up everyone else in the room. But the bloody rat didn't stop that night or the next!

4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home