B.C.
So I am splitting my travels with Kylie into 2 section, BC and AC. BC stands for Before the Car and AC stands for after the car. Thus we are in the B.C. section aka Old Testament. Which it kind of feels like but really it wasn´t so long ago though my memory is BAD.
Mendoza, WINE AND RELAXING COUNTRY
Did not do much here but managed to waste away many a days. We did however managed to go out with a group of locals (hostel staff) to a night club where they proceeded to play Are you going to be my girl by Jet. Kylie and I danced like loco people but the others just weren´t feeling it! Their car broke down on the way back to the Hostel at 6:30am and I was very much the 7th wheel. Hehehe good times.
We did of course also do a wine tour...
Kylie and I and our new best friend Mr BIG RED
The bottling section of the factory. My version of Willy Wonka´s chocolate factory. They can bottle 10,000 in an hour.
Kylie jumping into grape skins. That crazy cat!

San Juan, DESERT HILLS AND MENTAL TOUR OPERATORS
So we arrive in a little town with promises of all things glorious little did we know that it would turn into a gory war between us (well mainly kylie as I speak nada espanol) and the fat mafia tour operators. These fatties tried to push us around and make us pay more little did they know that they shouldnt of interrupted us while we were playing a game of dices and had had a bottle of wine. Kylie told them where to go and we went on the tour with Seb and his red Jeep (very awesome see below). Word got around town in a flash and the fatties yelled at seb and his missus. Good times. Again the boy hostel staff were very accomodating and cooked us a traditional Argentine BBQ.. hehe it pays to be a girl in argentina!
Also we did horse riding. I don´t do horse riding but lucky my horse luna was slower then my walking pace and no matter how hard I did the kick giddy up thingy (kylie taught me) it just wouldn´t move any faster. Though my lack of horseriding skills did not deterr me from taking out my camera and snapping away while riding as shown below.
Kylie and Carlos




Catarmarca, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE? EATING
So to cut a long story short we were meant to meet up with friends of a friend of kylies, but when we met her we just weren´t feeling it! So we threw off that idea and ATE! 2 of the best meals of our whole trip at the same resturant. We had dinner then went back from lunch before bolting out of there on the overnight bus... Locro and steak that will haunt me all my days.
Church yada yada

Australian Game Park in the bus terminal... RANDOM!

THEN we went to salta and got the car....
Mendoza, WINE AND RELAXING COUNTRY
Did not do much here but managed to waste away many a days. We did however managed to go out with a group of locals (hostel staff) to a night club where they proceeded to play Are you going to be my girl by Jet. Kylie and I danced like loco people but the others just weren´t feeling it! Their car broke down on the way back to the Hostel at 6:30am and I was very much the 7th wheel. Hehehe good times.
We did of course also do a wine tour...
Kylie and I and our new best friend Mr BIG RED
The bottling section of the factory. My version of Willy Wonka´s chocolate factory. They can bottle 10,000 in an hour.
Kylie jumping into grape skins. That crazy cat!
San Juan, DESERT HILLS AND MENTAL TOUR OPERATORS
So we arrive in a little town with promises of all things glorious little did we know that it would turn into a gory war between us (well mainly kylie as I speak nada espanol) and the fat mafia tour operators. These fatties tried to push us around and make us pay more little did they know that they shouldnt of interrupted us while we were playing a game of dices and had had a bottle of wine. Kylie told them where to go and we went on the tour with Seb and his red Jeep (very awesome see below). Word got around town in a flash and the fatties yelled at seb and his missus. Good times. Again the boy hostel staff were very accomodating and cooked us a traditional Argentine BBQ.. hehe it pays to be a girl in argentina!
Also we did horse riding. I don´t do horse riding but lucky my horse luna was slower then my walking pace and no matter how hard I did the kick giddy up thingy (kylie taught me) it just wouldn´t move any faster. Though my lack of horseriding skills did not deterr me from taking out my camera and snapping away while riding as shown below.
Kylie and Carlos

I am riding a HORSE. Luna as seen from above

Me and Luna getting left behind.

Me, Kylie and Seb in the Red Jeep tour of the Valley of the moon (national park where lots of dinosaur bones have been found). Personally riding in the jeep was the coolest thing. Seb was very chilled out especially after a joint or 2 while driving... Now could the fatties have provided a cool jeep and a joint ... I think NOT!



Catarmarca, WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE? EATING
So to cut a long story short we were meant to meet up with friends of a friend of kylies, but when we met her we just weren´t feeling it! So we threw off that idea and ATE! 2 of the best meals of our whole trip at the same resturant. We had dinner then went back from lunch before bolting out of there on the overnight bus... Locro and steak that will haunt me all my days.
Church yada yada

Australian Game Park in the bus terminal... RANDOM!

THEN we went to salta and got the car....


4 Comments:
yaaay you posted.
albeit a little erratically, and i am confused.
love the photo from above of you riding a horse! i didnt beleive it before that.
love ya work. keep it up. good girl. hope you're overnighter wasnt too horrific. just remember: at least you arent sitting on a hessian bag of shoes, or covered in toddler mucous. or are you?
kylie took me horse riding in nicaragua. she left me behind too. i can't have babies anymore.
Angus I feel you my inner thighs were in pain for days after. mmmh its not often that you write that on the net is it!!
Sarah no sitting on hessian bags. Big comfy chairs and hot meals and wine of course! Nice.
Big love
I now realise after these photos that I like taking road-side shots with my arms spread like eagle wings. I think I was just trying to stretch a bit after cramped driving conditions enforced by Mon yelling "drive-on! drive on!" like a true monarch.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home