Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New York New York


Hit New York for a short 4 night visit. Stayed at Cath's (Selina's Best friend) pad (the above photo is me on the balcony) which was in downtown Manhattan and overlooked the Empire State Building. Was such a fantastic city, I am in LOVE. Below is a selection of the list of what I wanted to do in New York and some photos to go with:
  • Eat a hot dog. Ate 2 plus a corndog. They are surprisingly good, with the small soft buns and good mustard.
  • See Statue of Liberity(is that how I spell liberity mmmh not sure that is really bad). Saw it for the Stratten ferry. Not that impressive but ferry ride was fun.
  • Chill out in Central Park. On day of arrival chilling with the girls (rach and cath). Very nice great weather for disco roller skating. The granny in the photo was loving it.
  • Shop. We kept this to a minimum as I have NO room in my bag. Though I did manage to buy a pair of black wedge high high heels, a dress, make up(ant - sephora!), tights and I love NY tshirts.
  • Drink cocktails. Okay so this we did this surprisingly well. They were damn good. Cath new all the hot spots, so we drank our way through quite an extensive cocktail list. She also took us to a club were we where the only whities, lets just say we were the only ones dancing to 'Gold digger'. Good times.


  • Do a little Sex in the City tour. Alot of the conversation while in new york surrounded this show and yes we visited a few choice locations and resturants from the show.
  • Walk across Brooklyn Bridge. Great views. Hot day. Yada yada
  • Experience the Empire State building. Okay this was a problem for me because I kept on spotting the wrong building. I was like 'there is the Empire State Building' and every time Rach was like No mon it's not.
  • See a baseball game. Mets vs. the Cubs. Mets got there arses kicked I ate a corndog. Good times.
So you might be able to tell from the post that I am a little teddy tired. I am in London and let me tell you there is NO rest for the wicked. I have Angus and Chris to blame for having to brides maid dress shop on 3 hours sleep and one massive hang over. We went to the english version of spectrum loads of fun. Extremely messy.

Lots of love to you all (except of course to the ppl that read my blog that don't know me cause that would be weird but do enjoy) MWAH

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME HOME!!!

NYC looks gnarley!!

you can sleep in july, a nana nap before splendour, then you can sleep for the rest of august once i;ve gone back to Alice.

11:43 am  
Blogger Beth said...

I thought you'd love New York... yay! I'm in love too! Can't wait to go back... I get to see it all over again FIVE times! yay...

Exciting that your going home so soon! Have fun with your fam..!

xo

8:30 pm  
Blogger angus said...

you make it sound like chris and i took you bridesmaid shopping. Id like to confirm for everyone, this is not the case.

2:26 am  
Blogger hiedistar said...

the duck is still alive and well in my apartment and suprising and delighting all. i was in my bedroom (in bed actually - we went to polite again. good times.) while susanna was cleaning on saturday morning and i heard it go off for the normal three quacks. then there was a pause. and then three quacks again. another pause, and then susanna knocked on the door to ask if I wanted to throw it out. jejeje

7:42 am  
Blogger flying carpet said...

You better not be New Yorked out by the time our 30th comes around!

11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angus- did Mon not tell you that Chris and you are going to be my bridesmaids too?

2:15 am  
Blogger Clementine said...

awesome post. rate it highly!

9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home